The brightest short inspiration lies in a quote. One to three or four sentences combined together and yet so powerful to trigger a little spark in us, usually in the form of a revelation.
Even if we know the quote, to be reminded of it at the right moment, would give us a little cheering boost.
There are so many legends in this world that said beautiful things. It would be a pity if we avoided reading books, or at least taking a look at their awesome quotes from time to time.
The next 50 life-changing quotes will cheer you up and help you fill your void throughout the day.
1. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” ― Stephen Chbosky
3. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead
4. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ― Leo Tolstoy
5. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ― Nelson Mandela
6. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ― Albert Einstein
7. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchett
8. “You can’t stop the future, you can’t rewind the past. The only way to learn the secret … is to press play.” ― Jay Asher
9. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.” ― Lemony Snicket
10. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” ― Steve Maraboli
11. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” ― Andy Warhol
12. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” ― Paulo Coelho
13. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu
14. “The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.” ― Kiran Desai
15. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” ― C. JoyBell C.
16. “Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself; I am large. I contain multitudes.”― Walt Whitman
17. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” ― Libba Bray
18. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” ― Maya Angelou
19. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli
20. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ― George Bernard Shaw
21. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ― Mother Teresa
22. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” ― Eckhart Tolle
23. “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” ― Neil Gaiman
24. “Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.” ― J.D. Salinger
25. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
26. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” ― William Jennings Bryan
27. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
28. “One day spent with someone you love can change everything.” ― Mitch Albom
29. “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
30. “To say goodbye is to die a little.” ― Raymond Chandler
31. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
32. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change; become a better version of yourself.” ― Madonna
33. “Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” ― Tony DeLiso
34. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what person fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
35. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” ― Stephen King
36. “You cannot change what you are; only what you do.” ― Philip Pullman
37. “Change, like healing, takes time.” ― Veronica Roth
38. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….” ― Erica Jong
39. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” ― Milton Berle
40. “Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!” ― Steve Maraboli
41. “The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it. [These words are also inscribed upon his grave]” ― Karl Marx
42. “Things changed, people changed, and the world went rolling along right outside the window.” ― Nicholas Sparks
43. “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.” ― Steve Maraboli
44. “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.” ― Sophocles
45. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ― Leo Buscaglia
46. “Some people try to change the world one life at a time. Others try to change the world one death at a time. And I try to change the world one bucket full of dirt at a time.” ― Jarod Kintz
47. “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” ― Patricia Briggs
48. “I’ve come to believe that in everyone’s life, there’s one undeniable moment of change, a set of circumstances that suddenly alters everything.” ― Nicholas Sparks
49. “No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don’t.” ― Stephen King
50. “Pessimists are usually right and optimists are usually wrong but all the great changes have been accomplished by optimists.” ― Thomas L. Friedman
Featured image by rahen z via Flickr.com.
The best marketing tool and best asset is your brain
As a way of saying "thank you" for reading this article, I'd like to invite you to my free marketing masterclass that will teach you all the most important foundations of marketing and business: Enroll in my FREE marketing masterclass for bootstrapping entrepreneurs.